Does lemon water reduce belly fat ? of course it does, but how?, is the PRIME question?
There are many diets, foods and drinks available around us that help in losing your belly fat.
Lemon is one of the most important ingredients which helps in weight loss and shedding excess belly fat in a very short time.
I have known for a very long time nutritional and health benefits of lemon, but still I never fully used it to my advantage.
You must have seen many celebrities and athletes who say that first thing in the morning they take is lemon water! Well, It’s no rocket science then, it does help to lose belly fat.
Here I have tried to present a genuine and well-researched article about the effects of lemon water on the belly, how it helps to reduce belly fat, its advantages over other drinks and is there any side effects of it? which you need to be aware of.
So, without further ado, lets begin.
A simple glass of fresh lemon is considered great for your general well being. But it’s also very beneficial if you are looking to lose belly fat.
There are many known things available around us that we neglect, lemon also falls under this category. Its benefits are immense, but you and I haven’t used it properly yet. Lemon consists mainly of citric acid, soluble fibre and is rich in vitamin C.
If you start using it daily and replace your energy drink you will see great results of lemon water in achieving a flat stomach.
According to the US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health in their one experiment it was found that it tends to help in weight loss and burning belly fat, who consumed it for longer periods of time.
Below are some of its health benefits-
- According to health experts drinking lemon with water aids in weight loss.
- It can even avert life-threatening diseases like heart attack, cancer.
- Lemon also helps in improving your digestive tracts which minimises constipation problems.
- Health problems like anaemia and kidney stones can be prevented by drinking lemon water every day.
Lemon Water Reduce Belly Fat
Of the many health and nutritional benefits of lemon, the most important one is that lemon water reduce belly fat, and that too in a very natural way.
Fibre present in lemon helps in weight loss and shedding your belly fat. Pectin fibre reduces your satiety, keeps you full for long hours and also helps to keep cholesterol levels under control.
Vitamin C present in lemon acts as a shield against many germs and harmful microorganisms attacking your body.
Including it in your diet is important for losing belly fat and burning excess calories. Lemon water is also considered great for improving your skin health. It has properties which help to decrease wrinkles and ageing process.
If you are not adding sugar in lemon water then it is almost calorie-free and is a much better and healthy than other fruit juice like apple, orange etc.
How lemon helps to reduce fat
You must have tasted lemon without water and as it tastes sour. What’s good about lemon is that it has some organic flavour which energises your body and mind.
That’s why you must have seen so many people drinking it as a juice in with normal water or when they feel thirsty.
When your priority is losing belly fat with lemon water you have to change the way you drink it. If you start using lemon water you must have felt like asking yourself this question: how does lemon water burn belly fat?
To understand this, do you remember how many times you must have seen your elders talking about the benefits of having lemon water in the morning. Well, that’s 100% true, it is no brainer that drinking lemon water is very healthy for your fitness.
Now let’s find out how lemon helps to reduce fat–
- Drink hot lemon water in the morning empty stomach as It helps in burning belly fat.
- Polyphenol antioxidants found in lemon is the reason which helps in weight loss.
- The best thing about lemon water is that it aids and improves digestion.
- Because of a bad digestive system, you tend to overeat and that increases your fat level.
- It’s a great alternative for beverages and drinks which only increases your calories.
- Whether you are already on a weight loss diet, lemon will act as a catalyst and will burn calories much faster.
Disadvantages of drinking lemon water daily
Lemon is a citrus fruit which contains acid and consuming in large amount can have some side-effects on your health and food.
Most people use it for controlling or shedding excess belly fat but having it in the right quantity is the way forward.
Let’s take a look at disadvantages of drinking lemon water daily-
- The acid present in lemon can be harmful to your tooth and can become a reason for decay.
- Drinking lemon at restaurants or outdoors can be avoided as lemon wedges may contain microorganisms which are harmful to your health.
- According to the US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health migraines and citrus fruits have some kind of link between them.
- Lemon can also worsen your sore throat and increase your pain.
The Bottom Line
Having lemon water in the morning not only helps to lose belly fat but it has numerous health benefits which are beneficial in long run.
I hope you have found the answer to Does lemon water reduce belly fat? if you have different or something new to share, feel free to comments below.