How many jumping jacks to lose 1 pound of fat?
Can jumping jacks help you shed additional pounds?
It has never been simple to lose weight!
It requires lots of hard work, discipline, persistence, and patience to shed one pound!
But, jumping jacks are a perfect plyometric or cardio workout, that works your whole body and burns maximum calories in only a few minutes.
Consequently, this post is exactly what you need to comprehend.-
- How jumping jack helps in weight loss
- Exactly how many steps do you have to perform
- What it will burn in terms of calories, and more.
So, without further ado, let’s begin…
How many jumping jacks to lose 1 pound of fat
Everyone aspires to have a tight and toned figure, but few actually strive toward it!
After consuming all the junk food and not looking after your body, you start getting serious about your health!
If you have been doing jumping jacks, for a while you must be in love with this calisthenics workout!
It feels so good when you are doing this cardio workout, it feels like you are having fun!
But does it have the same impact if you’re trying to lose weight?
So, to lose 1 pound of fat, how many jumping jacks should I perform?
According to an article published in Jama Journal, “to lose 1 pound of fat, you have to burn 3500 calories”. Therefore 160 pound person doing 1 minute of vigorous jumping jacks will burn 10 calories, which means he has to do 17,500 jumping jacks to burn 3500 calories.
- A report published in Jama Network says that for a healthy weight loss you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound of fat.
- It’s vital to understand that not all fat is bad for your health.
- Simple carbohydrates like sugar and starch are the reason for fat in the body.
- Reducing your calorie intake by calorie by 500 per day will help in losing weight effectively.
- Try to do 150 jumping jacks a day, by taking 2-3 minutes of break between each set.
- An average 160-pound (lbs) person will burn 50 calories, in 5 minutes of jumping jacks. (myfitnesspal)
This means if you do 972 jumping jacks 6 times a week for three weeks, you will burn 3500 calories which is equivalent to 1 pound of fat.
972 jumping jacks seem a lot in one week, therefore simply focus on doing 150 jumping a day and divide it into three sets, which you can do according to your schedule.
How many jumping jacks to burn 1 kg
Jumping jacks are a common fitness exercise.
It is worth taking into account that jumping jacks are not a bad exercise and can be done for a long time without any consequences.
The number of jumping jacks that you can burn in 1 kg is dependent on the weight of your body and the speed at which you jump.
- If you convert 1kg to pounds it will be 2.20 pounds, and to lose 1 pound of fat you need to burn 3500 calories.
- This means you have to burn 7000 calories (approx.) to burn 1 kg of fat. [Since 1 pound fat= 3500 calories]
- And to burn 7000 calories or 1 kg fat, you have to do 35,000 (approx.) jumping jacks.
Do jumping jacks burn calories
What makes jumping jacks fun to work out is that you can do this anywhere, you don’t need any equipment for it.
And the intensity of this workout helps you in losing a few pounds also.
Your body weight and the intensity at which you do jumping jacks will decide how many calories you will burn.
Though on average, a 160-pound person can burn 10 calories in 1 minute by doing jumping jacks.
|Body weight (lbs)||Duration (minutes)||Calories Burned (Kcal)|
How many jumping jacks should I do to lose 2 pounds?
Jumping jack is the perfect way to improve your health, and fitness and increases your stamina.
Most people don’t realize that even a 5-minute of jumping jacks help them in losing excess fat!
Because jumping jacks work all your muscles simultaneously by targeting the whole body.
Now, if your goal is to lose 2 pounds, then how many jumping jacks you should do?
You need to do 35,000 jumping jacks to lose 2 pounds of fat because to lose 1 pound of fat you have to do 17,500 jumping jacks and this helps to burn 3500 calories. With a healthy diet and regular workout, you can burn almost 7000 calories to lose 2 pounds of fat.
- Start doing jumping jacks regularly and slowly increases intensity with each passing day.
- By performing this exercise routine regularly, you can enhance your pace and burn more calories each day.
- If your goal is to lose 2 pounds in 3 weeks, you have to do 1,666 jumping jacks a day 6 times a week.
Are jumping jacks good for weight loss
These days weight loss has become a sort of trend, and many people are blindly following different kinds of diets and workouts!
Any physical activity always helps you to maintain a healthy weight and improves your overall health.
Similarly jumping jacks is an excellent workout to get in shape without going to any fancy gym or buying different kinds of pieces of equipment.
So, are jumping jacks effective for shedding pounds?
- Helps to tone muscles: It works your overall body muscles like the back, thighs, calves, buttock, abdominal, and shoulders. This means doing it regularly will help to tone these muscles and you will attain a lean and fit body shape.
- Great for weight loss: One Minute of jumping jacks burns around 10 calories which means if a 160-pound person is doing 20 minutes of jumping jacks he will burn 201 calories. It increases your heart rate and blood circulation which helps to improve your metabolic rate, which helps to burn calories.
- Strong Bones help in reducing excess fat: According to PubMed Central report resistance training or jumping exercise increases Bone mineral density of the body and lumbar spine. This help to increase bone strength and your body starts performing different activities much faster and your muscles also get strong. The strong bone helps in doing workouts and burning more fat.
So in the end–how many jumping jacks to lose 1 pound of fat?
To summarise what we discussed above-
- You need to burn 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound which means you have to perform 17,500 jumping jacks.
- If you are doing 972 jumping jacks a day 6 times a week for 3 weeks, you will burn 3500 calories, by this workout only.
- Also, you need a proper low-calorie diet to go with this workout.
Losing weight requires a lot of patience, hard work, and a good mindset.
It’s also important to keep yourself motivated by cherishing the little tough moments you face during workouts.