Corn flour for weight loss is a popular method to burn your belly fat!
It’s also been proven to help with weight loss as long as it’s used in moderation.
This method uses corn flour as a substitute for bread, pasta, and other high-carb foods.
Corn flour has been found to have –
- The ability to decrease the absorption of glucose and insulin in the body.
- And it can decrease blood sugar levels, which can lead to weight loss.
- The increase in fiber also causes people’s stomachs to feel fuller, which makes them eat less food.
This article will discuss the history of corn flour and its benefits, how to use it, and how to get started using corn flour for weight loss.
So, without further ado, let’s begin…
Corn flour for weight loss
Corn flour is a type of flour that is made from corn, it’s a low-calorie and gluten-free substitute for flour.
It has been used in many popular weight-loss diets such as the ketogenic diet, the paleo diet, and the Dukan Diet.
- Corn is also known as Maize, Indian corn first originated in the Americas and later it got distributed to the whole world.
- Southern Mexico people first domesticated it about 10,000 years ago.
So, how does corn flour helps in weight loss?
Corn flour is obtained from dried whole corn kernels, it’s whole grain, high in fiber that improves your digestion, which helps in losing weight. It also contains antioxidants which improve your metabolism and has negligible fat and few calories present in it keeping your hunger at bay for long hours.
They are also different types of corn available–
- Flour corn
- Sweet corn
- Dent corn
- Flint corn
Besides weight loss, here are a few more reasons to include corn flour in your diet–
- Corn flour is a vegan-friendly and easily digestible way to get more sugar into your system.
- You can use it as an alternative for many recipes instead of wheat flour.
- Very easy to cook with, making it appealing to both non-vegans & vegans.
How much sugar and carbs are in corn flour?
Corn flour is made from corn meal and is mainly used in baking.
And is mainly used as an ingredient to make various types of bread, such as tortillas, flatbreads, and pizza crusts.
It contains a high amount of carbs and low sugar, but it also has other nutrients that can be beneficial to your health.
This can be problematic for people who have issues with diabetes or are trying to control their blood sugar levels.
In about 100 gm of a portion of corn flour, it has 361 calories.
Some other important Corn flour nutrition facts 100g are shown in the table below–
|Nutrients||Amount (Total = 100 gm)|
|Total Fat (5%)||3.9 gm|
|Sodium (0%)||5 mg|
|Total Carbohydrates (28%)||77 gm|
|Protein (14%)||6.9 gm|
Is corn flour bread good for weight loss
Losing weight requires lots of sacrifices especially when you love tasty, spicy, and high carbs food, and you have to change it all!
Corn flour bread does not have the same texture as white bread and it also lacks the taste of traditional wheat-based products.
Corn flour bread is a popular and healthy alternative to white bread–
- It has a low glycemic index.
- This makes it a great option for people who are trying to lose weight or switch to gluten-free diets.
- Also has high fiber and contains no gluten.
- Baked foods like bread made of corn flour are best for your gut health and help in controlling inflammation.
100% Whole wheat bread is the most healthy option if you are seriously looking to maintain a healthy body weight! This bread keeps the entire grain intact during the manufacturing process which helps to keep a little bit of bran, endosperm and germ remain present in the bread. And this increases the nutritional content of whole wheat bread.
Corn flour is good for health or not
Corn flour is derived from ground cornmeal, is white and yellow in color, and is used mostly as baked goods or for breading.
It is derived from the whole kernel and is used in many food products, including bread and tortillas.
Some people believe that it is a healthy alternative to refined white flour, but there are some who argue that it is not as healthy as they think.
Corn flour health benefits–
1. Helps to main body weight
High fiber present in corn flour helps to keep you full for long periods, low-fat means if consumed in moderation will help to maintain a healthy weight and it also provides lots of energy
2. Good Digestion
Rich in iron, magnesium, and Vitamin A and these nutrients improves digestion because people with celiac diseases can’t digest gluten, which leads to inflammation, and corn flour is gluten-free.
3. Free from Constipation
The high fiber present in corn flour easily travels through the digestive tract, as it absorbs water and moves your stool through your body without any hindrance.
4. Reduces Cholesterol level
Cornflour contains zero cholesterol in it, and lipoprotein (not good for the blood) present in low density is reduced by dietary fiber present in cornflour. People with heart disease can reduce cholesterol levels by adding it to their diet.
Corn flour downsides-
1. Consume cornflour in control
Although it contains low fiber, the carbohydrates present in cornflour can increase your blood sugar levels because the sugar takes time to be absorbed in the blood, and it also has a high Glycemic index (GI).
2. Risk of Heart-related diseases
If you have the excess weight it can put extra strain on your heart, if you consume cornflour in large amounts it can increase your weight and put you at risk of chronic heart diseases.
FAQs: Corn flour for weight loss
Is corn flour gain weight?
It contains high carbohydrates, almost 28gm in 100gm of portion, if you have diabetes or any heart-related issue, you should try to skip this diet or try to consume it in moderation. Corn flour is also high in fiber and contains negligible fat.
Which flour is best for weight loss?
Whole wheat flour, almond flour, and chickpea flour are the best if you are looking for losing weight.
- (1)Whole wheat:- It’s a low-calorie diet, which contains protein, iron and calcium, and many other nutrients which are not present in white flour. It is rich in Vitamins like B-1, B-3, and B-5.
- (2)Almond flour:- Filled with antioxidants, manganese, Vitamin E, and magnesium. Dietary fiber present in it helps to improve your digestive health.
- (3)Chickpea flour:-High in protein and contains fewer calories than normal flour. It also contains ghrelin a hunger hormone and regulates it helps to suppress your hunger and keeps you full for long hours.
Is corn flour high in carbs?
In about 1 cup of serving size total serving weight 117 gm, it contains around–
- Total carbs – 89.9gm
- That includes Net carbs-81.4gm, fiber-8.5gm, Sugar-0.8gm and,
- Fat-4.5gm, protein-8.1gm.
Corn flour for weight loss is a good option if you don’t like white flour or want to change your diet!
Many health experts have suggested that cornflour can aid in weight loss, as it is gluten-free, high in fiber, contains negligible fat, and keeps you full for long periods, it also improves your bowel movement, and gives relief from constipation.
Moreover, there is a lot of diet variation you can try with corn flour, and always try to consume it in a limited amount to reap the weight loss benefits.