Does corn flour make you fat?
Corn flour is a great alternative to normal white flour, as it has more fiber, protein, and less sugar and is also gluten-free. But you have to consume it in moderation or else your sugar and cholesterol levels will shoot up.
Not only corn flour tastes better, but it’s also filled with many healthy nutrients which help to lose fat!
And this article will break down all the things related to corn flour in a detailed and simple manner, which will help in your weight loss journey!
So, to know more, keep reading…
Does corn flour make you fat?
Corn flour is a staple food in many parts of the world and it is also a major source of energy for millions of people.
Most are familiar with it as maize flour, corn flour, or cornmeal.
Corn flour is a product used in many food products, is also used as a filler in some baked goods and it can be found in almost every household.
However, it is also a major source of carbs, which can cause obesity and heart disease.
So, can corn flour make you gain weight?
In about 100gm portion size of corn flour, it contains 361 calories, has Total carbs-77gm, Fiber-7.3gm, Sugar-0.6gm, and Total Fat-3.9gm. It’s also rich in healthy vitamins and minerals, if consumed in moderation, you will not put on extra weight. Maintaining the difference between calories consumed versus calories burned will help in losing weight.
- It does contain high calories and carbs.
- That’s why people suffering from heart-related diseases or looking to control blood pressure, should avoid it.
- But high fiber help to keep you full for long periods, which can help to control weight.
- Corn flour is a type of white or yellow flour made from corn.
- It is used in many processed foods, such as bread and cakes.
- Related: Corn Flour for Weight Loss
What is cornflour made from?
Cornflour is made from the endosperm of corn or maize kernels.
It is also whole grain flour because it carries the germ, endosperm, and hull of the corn.
Cornflour is made from ground corn or maize kernels, which are dried and then ground to a powder and it is yellow in color.
Food products such as bread, pastries, and biscuits use corn flour as a thickening agent.
You can use it for any type of food or make something you enjoy eating, but always try to eat in a controlled manner otherwise you will put on weight.
- Related: Is Corn Flour Good For Weight Loss
Does corn flour have fat?
We are all familiar with the fact that corn flour has less fat than wheat flour.
So the question is: is the fat content of corn more or less?
Corn flour has both fat and sugar.
However, it is a good source of carbohydrates, which makes it a good choice for diets.
- Corn flour is made from corn kernels.
- It has high moisture content and is used to make bread, biscuits, crackers, and similar products.
- Corn flour has low-fat content, but it is important for people with diabetes to have a moderate intake of this product.
In the below table you will find how much fat is present in corn flour-
|Nutrients||Amount (g)||Daily Value (DV in %)|
Is corn flour gain weight?
Corn flour is a staple in most households worldwide. In the US corn starch is a staple food.
It is also one of the most popular breakfast cereals in the country, is a great source of fiber, and contains various nutrients that are useful for the body.
But, its nutritional value has always been questioned.
Today, it is widely accepted as a healthy alternative to wheat flour.
However, corn flour has its share of downsides: it has a high glycemic index of over 70, which means that it will make you feel hungry after consuming it, and when consumed in large quantities, it can cause obesity.
- High carbohydrate percent also makes it a bad option for people who are already obese, have diabetes, or looking to burn fat.
- On the other hand, it has low fat, high protein, and fiber which also makes it a good diet for weight loss.
- One major concern is that most companies produce GMO-modified corn flour, which has a high level of pesticides, which puts your health at risk.
Is corn flour easy to digest?
When whole corn kernels are finely grinded, this produces corn flour, and it is a grain product.
The best thing about corn flour is that it’s easy to digest and also easy to cook.
One of the best things about corn flour is that it is gluten-free and this makes it a better option than white/wheat flour.
- Dietary fiber present in corn is considered good for digestion.
- Adding corn flour to your diet can also banish digestive problems like bloating or belching.
- When used as a thicker while cooking, magnesium, iron, and Vitamin A present in corn flour help to improve your digestion.
- It is also good for people having Celiac disease as it is a gluten-free diet.
- The nutrients like fiber present in corn flour, help in improving bowel movement and reduces the possibility of constipation.
Can we eat corn flour daily?
Is it possible to eat corn flour every day?
The answer depends on your health status like-
- Whether you have any heart-related disease or not.
- Are you already obese?
- Have already consumed high carbs diet? And all
It is possible to eat corn flour daily. So why not?
Corn flour has a lot of nutrition and fiber that can help you live healthier and longer.
There are also many benefits for your health, especially if you are looking to lose fat or lower your cholesterol level.
But there are a few caveats present that can hinder your weight loss process-
- Although it is better than wheat/white flour, it still has high carbohydrates in it.
- And because of this reason try to have it in moderate quantity.
- Almost 88% percent of corn flour is grown by GMOs in the US.
- Which contains a pesticide known as Monsanto Roundup, and it can damage your kidney immune system, and liver.
- So always look for organic or sprouted types of corn flour as they are much healthier.
Does corn flour cause belly fat?
Cornflour can cause belly fat if you are not careful about its intake!
If you have any kind of stomach problems, corn flour can provide some sort of relief!
Cornflour does not pose a health risk but it can lead to some health issues if you consume too much of it.
- It does contain high carbs but it’s a better alternative to white/wheat flour which is not a healthy option for reducing belly fat.
- Reducing the amount of corn flour in your diet is the best way to decrease carbs in your system.
- It has high fiber which is good for maintaining weight, as fiber keeps you full for long periods.
- Try to create a difference in the intake of calories consumed and burned–the intake of calories should always be low.
- This will help in maintaining a healthy weight.
So, to sum it up: does corn flour cause belly fat?
It does help to manage weight, because of its high fiber which suppresses your hunger, and has protein, gluten-free, and vital nutrients like iron, and magnesium but it also has high carbs. This means you have to consume it in a balanced amount, and people with heart-related disease or who are obese should avoid it.
There are also the different alternatives to corn flour like-
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Chickpea flour
- Brown rice flour
Did you enjoy this article, feel free to share it with your friends, or if you like to add something just comment below or write to us.